Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 18: San Francisco Giants vs Houston Astros

Going back to Houston.

This is the view from our seats. The Houston Astro ball park, Minute Maid Field has a retractable roof, and fortunately it was closed today as the temperature and humidity outside were both in the 90s.


On the screen are the Chilton sisters who are singing the Star-Spangled Banner.

Here are the Chilton sisters with their parents. They are kind of like modern day Lennon Sisters.

I was there.


Everything is big in Texas.


Seventh inning stretch


Even though the roof is closed, these huge windows behind left field make it look somewhat open air.

On last look at Minute Maid field which has this quirky rise in centerfield along with one flagpole that is on the field

The mighty Astros are victorious by a score of 7 to 5.

Later, at dinner...
This is my mom, Lillian, 90 and going strong -- still telling me to pull up my pants and comb my hair.

Besides seeing my mom in Houston, I had a special reunion.

This is Cyndy who I have not seen for over forty years. We were friends at SMU and reconnected through the miracle of facebook. When we get to California, I will see another friend of mine and Cyndy's, Gail, who I also have not seen for over forty years.

Cyndy and I had a great time today remembering and reminiscing the 60s.


Tomorrow, we go to Austin for my niece Whitney's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment